It’s finally here!! The eve of National Signing Day for college football recruits. Many of you have waited for this day ever since the regular season was over. Many of you have seen, talked, tweeted about your opinions on creeps/creepers out there when it comes to tweeting at/to recruits so I figured we would give you some guidelines of what you should and shouldn’t do when tweeting recruits.
But let us first remember these kids get on social media for the attention and they love it. If they didn’t want the attention they wouldn’t be on social media asking “show me some love” at a particular school/fan base. Not to mention the negative stuff they see I would assume they just look over and keep on going. Even though these are kids, they aren’t dumb or naive enough to have social media sway their future life changing decision.
- Promises to get him laid. -Why do you think it’s a great idea to promise or tell a recruit that you can get him laid? The truth is you probably can’t get laid yourself, so just don’t.
- Show your assets! -Ladies no need to show your tits or cleavage to a recruit via tweet.
- Negative shots at a recruit. -If they don’t pick your school, why do you feel the need to tweet negative comments to them?
- Negativity tweets about Rival Schools -If a recruit is looking at your rival school and NOT your school at all don’t be that guy that tracks them and sends them delusions of grandeur lies/rumors about said rival school. You look like an even bigger toolbag than normal.
- Try to be their best friends. -You don’t care about this kid so don’t pretend you have his best interest in mind.
- Using Faith or Religion. -Now there is NOTHING wrong with you professing your faith if you you’re going to live it but if you use it in some attempt to use it as a recruiting tool, you’ve got bigger issues in life that you need to address… and PLEASE don’t give me I’m being a hypocrite while you profess you’re a christian in your bio all the while you’re tearing down a recruit, constantly cussing/slandering your so called “rival” twitter handles.
Acceptable things to do:
- Tweet AT them. -Its okay to tweet at them. Meaning “Would love to have “Recruit Name” stop by campus for a visit.
- Congratulate them on their accomplishments
- Congratulate them on their signing decision -Once they have committed somewhere congratulate them and move on. There is no point for you to belittle a kid for not choosing your school or your rival school as mentioned above. MOVE ON!!!
Don’t give me an “It’s wrong” or it’s a “NCAA violation” crap. Bottom line with NCAA, they can’t govern their own selves much less try to monitor every single piece of social media out there. Social Media and Recruits are here to stay. As hard as it is for me to say, like it, deal with it or ignore all together. But don’t sit there and say you’ll ignore it and troll the people who do it. So take note people and start doing right!